Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Questions Both Ghostbusters Movies Left Me With -- Part 1 -- Ghostbusters 1

In memory of Harold Ramis (1944-2014)

Okay, so like I said in my last post, Ghostbusters is my favorite movie franchise ever and I wanted to pay some sort of tribute to that.  I've seen a lot of fan art that REALLY tugged at my heartstrings this past week and by tugged, I mean violently yanked and I'll post some of them another time, but for now let's get to the topic at hand.

The movie franchise has left me with a lot of weird questions that, to my knowledge, have never been addressed.  And with that, I'm gonna ask some of them. I might do another post in the future with more questions, but I'm just gonna post ten.

1. How many weeks, months, etc, did it take from when they first saw the ghost in the library to them standing on the roof of Dana's apartment building?

To my knowledge, most of this was never stated in the movie.

2. Would the New York Public Library still have the floating and stacked books, the card cabinet that spit out cards and the ghost of the Old Librarian?

If I remember correctly, when the government shut down the containment unit, it exploded and all the ghosts came out.  I would also assume that the Old Librarian was included in that.

3. Who hated Peter Venkman that much to write "Burn in Hell" on their office door?

I mean, Pete's a nice guy...for the most part.  Was it a scorned lover, a failing student??

4. So now let's focus on the words, what was used to write those words on the door?

My guess: It's either paint, or nail polish, judging by the drips on some of the letters.

5. Does Peter pull the "I think you have ESP abilities" bit with every woman he tries to pick up?

Every man has "cheap moves", as Dana calls it, so would this be one of his usual go-to moves?

6. Does Jennifer really have ESP abilities?

Were there any signs that she could possibly have it?  If she did, that could be one reason she went to Venkman's office. My guess is no and that she volunteered like the other guy.

7. Who exactly invited Ray to a mass sponge migration?

My guess: A fellow colleague at the university.  And judging by Peter's comment, he either went with Ray or was told about it.

8. Asking Alice, the current librarian, the one who got spooked out at the beginning of the movie, if she was menstruating, a standard question?

Even Roger Delacourt, the Head Librarian (I assume anyway, his title was never revealed) questions it. I understand, you're a scientist, but there are lines, I think, you shouldn't cross.  I can see either Ray or Egon asking that question, but Peter has a social life and I would think that he'd know better.

9. What was the Philadelphia Mass Turbulence of 1947 and was this a real event?

A lot of the events that they referenced seemed to say that it happened before. Or was it just made up for this movie?

10. The Old Librarian: Was the spirit really purple and are all ghosts color coded?

Most of the ghost shows I watch show them, if they appear at all, either black or white or in orb form.


That's it for now.  See ya in the next blog!
-Ray-

Next Blog: Question I have with Ghostbusters 2

No comments:

Post a Comment