Wednesday, March 19, 2014

GHOSTBUSTERS to start filming in 2015 without Ivan Reitman

So it looks like Ghostbusters is happening after all.  So what's the catch??  We're not getting Ivan Reitman and it's a reboot.  Here's what Reitman had to say about his departure:

“When I came back from Harold’s funeral, it was really moving and it made me think about a lot of things. I’d just finished directing Draft Day, which I’m really happy with and proud of. Working on a film that is smaller and more dramatic was so much fun and satisfying. I just finally met with Amy and Doug Belgrad when I got back. I said I’d been thinking about it for weeks, that I’d rather just produce this Ghostbusters. I told them I thought I could help but let’s find a really good director and make it with him. So that’s what we've agreed will happen. I didn’t want all kinds of speculation about what happened with me, that is the real story.”

With that in mind, is a reboot really necessary or should we see the remaining 3 in Ghostbusters 3??  I think that if they go ahead and film this, we (the fans) should have a part in picking the new Ghostbusters.  This way if it fails, we'd have no one to blame but ourselves.

That's all from me for now.  See ya in the next blog.
-Ray- 

No comments:

Post a Comment