Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Anime I'm Currently (Trying) To Watch

Last blog was dedicated to Fall 2013. This blog's dedicated to Winter 2014. Because of the move, the ones I listed in the last blog, I am still trying to catch up with them and my internet's not that great at the moment.

I added two titles to the lineup. One is subbed and the other is both being shown as sub and a dub. I'm not sure if this was ever done before, but it's a big feat nonetheless and I wish more anime companies would do this kind of thing more often.

Sakura Trick: Haruka Takayama and Yuu Sonoda were inseparable during middle school, but upon entering high school, they end up being seated on opposite sides of the classroom. Having to spend time with more friends, the two decide to do something to make their relationship special.

This was very cute.  I like Yuri anime and they're not shoving the ship(s) down your throat.  Haruka's my favorite out of the two, she's kinda like me: a bit shy and tends to stay with one close friend.

Rating: 9/10

Canon Paring: HarukaxYuu
Crack Paring: Haven't decided on one yet

Space Dandy: The series follows Dandy, an alien hunter who is "a dandy guy in space", in search for aliens with his robot assistant QT and a space cat named Meow.

This is awesome.  This is the first time (in my anime history anyway) that a simulcast was both subbed and dubbed at the same time and I like what I see so far and wondering why more anime companies aren't doing this.  Ian Sinclair is perfect for this role, I can't see anyone else doing this.  I love Dandy and all his misadventures.  J. Michael Tatum as Dr. Gel is also perfect.  That man can read any script and make it gold.  Also, Boobies.  There needs to be a franchise like that...oh wait.

Rating: 10 /10

Canon Paring: DandyxHoney
Crack Paring: QTxMeow

Anime synopsis provided by Wikipedia and Anime News Network
Next Blog: My Little Pony New Episode Review

No comments:

Post a Comment