Monday, June 10, 2013

E3 Day 1 Impressions

Summer time.  My favorite time of year.  And when you think of summer, you think of barbecues, pools, the beach and lots of fun stuff.  When I think of summer, I think of all that stuff I just mentioned and E3.  For those of you who don't know what that is, E3, every year, showcases the future of gaming.  I'm going to write my thoughts about what I saw in the order of the press conferences, which I am watching through IGN.

Microsoft: I woke up late for this, so I didn't get a chance to see it.  And that's okay, really.  I'm not a Xbox fan. Rating: 0/10

EA: OMG SPORTS!! And here are some other games that aren't sports related, like Battlefield, Need for Speed and Dragon Age, but we're going to show them really quick so we can focus on what you really want to see, MOAR SPORTS!! (I'M LOOKING AT YOU STAR WARS: BATTLEFRONT!!) Also Mirror's Edge 2??  Coming...when it's ready.  EA's version of Nomura's favorite phrase: "Please look forward to it (laughs)."  Rating: 4.5/10

Ubisoft: That Rocksmith game looks pretty cool.  Not going to get that though.  Don't have the money for a guitar.  Don't care about Rayman; The Crew looks really good -- a different type of racing game -- Might buy this one; I'm going to buy Watch Dogs come hell or high water; YAY ANOTHER JUST DANCE GAME (end sarcasm); The Mighty Quest looks cool.  I mighty play it.  Trailer was hilarious;  Don't care about Raving Rabbids; Don't care about Assassins Creed -- although the trailer is fabulous --  Let's hope AC4 doesn't disappoint fans like AC3 did when it was released; Trials looks cool. Trials Fusion is (I think) for all consoles and Trials Frontier is for smartphones, except mine, because I have a crappy phone; A new game from Tom Clancy called The Division.  Gameplay and trailer looks awesome.  If I wasn't really horrible at shooters, I'd pick this up.  Rating: 6/10

Sony:  This conference started 20 mins late.  Opening sequence was cool.  I don't have a Vita, so this doesn't really appeal to me that much.  I do want to get one eventually.  God of War 1 and 2 HD and Final Fantasy X and X-2  HD are coming.  The Last of Us releases this Friday.  I'm not into zombie anything really, but the graphics look gorgeous   Puppeteer kinds looks like Little Big Planet to me.  Rain looks cool.  Not sure what it's about though.  Beyond Two Souls looks awesome.  Might pick this up.  Grand Turismo 6 -- just another racing game to me.  I do like racing games, but more like fun ones like Mario Kart.  Having played both Arkham games recently, I'm excited for Batman Arkham Origins.  I miss Kevin Conroy's voice already, but I think I'll get used to the guy who replaced him.  I always liked the 60's TV Batman series, so they're releasing a skin for it.  The last time I saw that suit in a game was Batman: Rise of Sun Tsu for the PS2.  GTA 5, not for me.  And now for the console reveal...HOLY SHIT!!  SONY TAKE MY MONEY!!  TAKE IT NOW!! $399.  Video Unlimited and Music Unlimited available on Day 1.  Announced Redbox Instant by Verizon coming soon.  Pay Per View Events coming soon.  Also Flixter coming soon.  This trailer for The Order 1886 is beautiful. Killzone Shadow Fall footage. DriveClub (which I've never heard of until today  Apparently, this was announced in February  footage. Infamous: Second Son.  I want this.  This is so far the reason I want a PS4.  Maybe another game will change my mind??  Knack.  This looks pretty cool.  This game was announced in February but this is the first time I've heard of it.  KIllzone, DriveClub and Knack is a Day 1 release.  Infamous is coming in February 2014.  The Dark Sorcerer looks cool.  Trailer was funny at the end.  Transistor from SuperGiant Games.  The artwork is beautiful.  Gameplay looks very different that what we're normally used to.  Don't Starve looks okay.  Octodad looks weird.   Secret Ponchos looks different.  And more Indie games that most likely, I'm not going to play.  All PS4 exclusives.  Diablo 3. AND NOW WHAT I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR: TETSUYA NOMURA AND FINAL FANTASY VERSUS 13!!  NO, FINAL FANTASY 15.  NEW TRAILER SINCE GOD KNOWS WHEN!!  SQUARE ENIX, TAKE MY MONEY, MY VIRGINITY AND WHATEVER'S LEFT OF MY SANITY!! OH MY GOD!!  KINGDOM HEARTS 3!!   I'm excited for that and by excited I'm deafening everyone within a 3 mile radius with squees.  Please excuse me while I scream from the rooftops.  And a mention of KH 1.5 coming this September.  Assassins Creed 4: Black Flag gameplay.  Looks cool.   More Watch Dogs footage. And this is where they lost me: MOAR SPORTS!! And now The Elder Scrolls: Online. Coming Spring 2014.  Cool trailer.  Mad Max.  Dude, just ran the other dude over.  Sony supposed used games, doesn't need to be connected, Playstation Plus transfers over to PS4.   Bless you, Jack Trenton, bless you.  Destiny gameplay looks badass.  I wasn't really paying attention after this because of my fangirling over KH3.  I apologize for making y'all deaf. Rating: 10/10.

Sony had the best conference out of the three that were shown today.

Are there any games that I mentioned you're looking forward to??  Disagree with me on some (or everything) things I said??  Let me know in the comments below and I'll do my best to reply to them.

Will Nintendo and Square Enix wow me, like Sony did tonight???  Watch my blog tomorrow for more E3 awesomeness.  See ya!!

-Ray-

No comments:

Post a Comment